05 February 2014

SWEET SOUND // 23


1. Beachwood Sparks // Forget This Song
2. Jake Bugg // Me And You
3. Father John Misty // O I Long To Feel Your Arms Around Me
4. Dan Auerbach // When The Night Comes
5. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss // Killing The Blues
6. Bon Iver // Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)
7. Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros // Man on Fire
8. My Morning Jacket // Wonderful
9. Kings of Leon // Last Mile Home (acoustic)
10. The Envy Corp // The Cursing Choir
11. First Aid Kit // Emmylou
12. The Fleet Foxes // Lorelai
13. Dr Dog // Distant Light
14. Daniel Rossen // Silent Song
15. Matt Costa // Ophelia
16. Nick Drake // Pink Moon
17. Sharon Van Etten // All I Can
18. The Tallest Man on Earth // To Just Grow Away
19. Jim James // A New Life
20. Phosphorescent // Ride On/Right On

{listen on spotify or 8tracks}

If you've listened to my mixes, you know I am a big fan of indie rock and indie electro, but deep down my favorite music tends to have a folky sound. It's the kind of music you sing around the campfire, it's the kind of music that is part of our history and makes us feel connected. I put together a mix of some of my favorite modern folk(y) music for you. It's a long one, I hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Love this mix! I've definitely been drawn towards more folk music lately, so this was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. phosphorescent!!! the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your playlist and your blog. So much inspiration! You might like these two songs based on your playlist: "The Breach" by Dustin Tebbutt and "Talking Backwards" by Real Estate. Hope you like!

    http://www.arclinespace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even listened to this one yet but just from looking at the track listing, I can tell it's going to be my favorite!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything that has both Nick Drake and First Aid Kit in it will always do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have superb taste. From photography to music to fashion - perfectly nuanced. Did your dad (Guy Webster!) influence your taste in music as much as he did your eye for photography?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis